Exciting Online and Social Media vacancy
3 Jan 2012
Do you love horseracing, have strong writing skills and a good knowledge of the online and social media world? If so, there could be a great opening for you at British Champions Series and Racing For Change.
You could be writing about the next chapter in Frankel’s remarkable racecourse career if you have the necessary skills and experience to apply for this fantastic position with British Champions Series and Racing For Change. Image courtesy of racingfotos.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Online and Social Media Editor, working across two of the industry’s leading brands.
British Champions Series and Racing Enterprises Ltd, leader of the Racing for Change project, are seeking a talented and driven individual to lead and implement their online, technological and social media presence for an initial 12-month contract.
The appointed candidate will be expected to produce and control content which provides engaging, appropriate and consistent online experiences across all digital touch points, and develop initiatives and dialogues to grow an engaged following of new and current fans.
They will need to ensure that British Champions Series and LovetheRaces.com both maximise their effectiveness online and are collaborative and complementary in their content, signposting and target audiences.
- Develop a tone of voice for both Lovetheraces and British Champions Series social media platforms
- Be responsible for the Facebook and Twitter content plan, moderation and campaign development
- Develop a plan for both websites and plot the user journey of our key target audiences
- Create and source engaging website content
- Report on the effectiveness of content and continually review behavioural activity to shape new content
- Through online activity, increase fan engagement and grow an engaged social media base
- Develop meaningful relationships with valuable stakeholders via social media
- Be responsible for the design, execution, monitoring and evaluation of Facebook advertising
- Manage and produce e-newsletters and e-newsletter plans, and shape the content on our email campaigns based on activity reports
- Ensure that marketing and PR campaigns translate to digital and online activity
- Create basic ads and signposting for websites
- Manage search engine optimisation (SEO) across both sites to ensure high indexing across key terms
- Identify and implement technological innovations across our touch points
- Manage relationships with agencies and service providers
- Research existing and emerging social networks, online communities and bloggers for new ways to reach and engage in conversation with the target market
- Manage elements of site admin including user queries and site content updates such as fixtures, etc
- Develop relationships with all race courses and through this generate content
- Support the strategy development and implementation of the commercialisation of the sites and other online platforms
- In-depth knowledge of racing
- Passionate about, and knowledgeable in, social media and online technologies
- At least one year working within an online environment
- Understanding of the online industry and proven ability to keep abreast of latest developments
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Able to work outside of office hours to ensure that we offer our fans the latest news and content at relevant times
- Imaginative flair for engaging copy and generating ideas
- Ability to work autonomously
- Keen understanding of the power of conversation and the value of relevant and current information in the online space
- Able to create and implement strategic plans
- A flair for imaginative and compelling copy with core grammatical competence
- A working knowledge of SEO, keyword strategies, copy optimisation, off-page promotion and link strategies
- Experience of building an online community
- Avid attention to detail
- Excellent proofing skills
- Relationships within and outside the industry which could generate exclusive content would advantageous
- Demonstrable ability to use initiative and be proactive
- Confident and assertive
To apply, please email your CV, stating your current remuneration and notice period, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively applications can be posted to: Racing Enterprises Limited, Human Resources Department, 75 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6LS.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. Closing date: Friday 20th January 2012.